The 12 Best Dissertation Topics On Project Management
Coming up with a topic for your dissertation can be one of the hardest parts of the whole process, but it is also one of the most important parts as a good topic can set you up for success. Your topic may be affected by your program’s focus, your advisor’s research, or even where your funding comes from. In any case you’ll have to narrow down your topic. For subjects in business and management, such as project management, you should look for a topic that is relevant, on the leading edge of research, and that can have practical applications. You should also try to pick a topic that you find interesting or that you think might help set you up well in your future career. It is also important to pick a topic that has an appropriate scope for the time and resources that you have to write your dissertation. This can mean narrowing it down from examining a certain phenomenon for the whole country or a whole industry, and looking specifically at one company.
Use these topics as they are, or as jumping off points to create your own topic from them:
- How are online project management tools and apps changing the way that small to medium sized businesses are changing how they handle project management in the United States?
- How does it change the outcomes of success when large companies contract out project management versus doing it in house?
- How do the project management strategies used in the military differ from those used in private companies? What causes these differences?
- How has project management changed with the rise of computers and smartphones?
- How is project management affected when American companies do projects in foreign countries?
- What are some of the most common barriers to successful project management?
- How does the size of the company and the company’s culture affect the success of their project management?
- What are the predominant project management strategies that are taught in business schools in the United States versus business schools in Europe?
- What are the major differences in project management approach for young workers versus older workers in American companies?
- How do environmental regulations affect project management in building and construction projects?
- How have unions affected project management in the manufacturing sector?
- How can sustainability initiatives be integrated into a company’s standard project management strategies?