How To Choose Interesting Thesis Paper Topics: Great Ideas
Choosing and formulating the topic of a thesis paper is of primary importance, when you start working on it. It’s a challenging task because in all academic disciplines there are many concepts, problems, ideas worth studying and discussing. If the teacher gives you a list of thesis paper topics, examine them thoroughly and decide what to choose. The situation, when you have to pick the topic by yourself, presents more difficulties but gives you a free hand. Remember, that it gives you the possibility to demonstrate your knowledge in the field of study, abilities, and skills, first of all at the expense of the opportunity to write about what most interests you. Here are some techniques aimed at making this task easier:
- Brainstorm the possible themes and make a list of them, taking into consideration your interest and knowledge of the subject. Mind that you will have to perform some research work, so decide if you are able to do it. Besides, your topic should respond to such criteria as novelty and originality. Certainly, it is rather hard to come across a completely new idea, so the way out is to view on it from a new angle or to apply it to some new problem. Try to be broad-minded, imaginative and creative.
- After you have decided what to write about, choose a particular problem you would like to discuss. Break it down into sub-topics to see, if you could find the answers to such questions: What interests you in this topic? Where is your topic important - in your community, on the national level? Is there any point of debate? If you write a Master’s thesis, think of it in perspective for your future career.
- Expertise on the problem. You may and must use various sources to decide whether the chosen topic corresponds to the above-mentioned characteristics.
- Consult your thesis advisor and get his/her approval.
Here is the list of possible interesting thesis paper topics:
- “Color” revolutions of the 21 century: stabilizing or destabilizing factor?
- GM food: advantages and risks.
- Drugs legalization: problems that arise.
- Do animals have rights?
- Advantages and drawbacks of distance education.
- Fast food and worsening people’s health.
- Gender discrimination and ways of eliminating it.
- Stereotypes on TV and their influence on our brain.
- Family values: can we live without them?
- Why is it important to explore other planets?
- What can we do to make our place of dwelling more comfortable and safe?